Saturday, June 21, 2014

It's all Good:)


I'm a check-lister.  I make lists for everything.  I write them on pieces of paper at my house, in my car, and for the other people I live with.  I make lists on my phone to carry with me.  Everything is a list for me.  Groceries.  Target.  Projects.  People to call.  Appointments to make.  Christmas lists.  Things to do this week.  Things to do today.  Things that need repaired or replaced.  Things to remember to ask Tim about.  Everything is put somewhere on a list.  I say it's because I have a terrible memory - and that is true.  My family might say it's because I am OCD and uptight - and you should just ignore them.  But, I do live by my lists.

This surgery.  Talk about a list.  It had it's own category - with sublists.  So much went into this.  The appointments, the decisions, the planning, the details.  It was a biggie.  Huge, in fact.  And I feel like it took a village to make it happen.

It's hard to believe that we are here. We are getting very, very close to the finish line.  The end of this journey here in Austin.  Only a few days left and we get to come home.

After all that went into this - all the lists and all the checking things off,  it's hard to imagine that we are almost at the end.

Today we went to see Dr. Geck for Graysen's three-week follow up appointment.  We were so excited to see McSwaggy, to find out the final results of the surgery, and to get "released" to go home!

It was all good news.

The incision looks great.  The x-ray looks great.  Graysen's surgery and recovery couldn't have had better results.

New x-rays were taken today and we found out that Graysen's curve went from forty-six degrees to six degrees.  That's a forty degree improvement!

A six degree curve.  Less than ten.  Barely even more than five.  Six.

Have I mentioned that Dr. Geck is kinda awesome at what he does...

It's better than we ever expected.  It's far better than we expected when Graysen chose to stop at L3.
It's incredible.  It's such an answer to prayer.

The prayers.  I will say it again - the prayers made all the difference.  And I will say it again - thank you.

Graysen continues to get a little better each day.  She's walking better, moving better, and even eating.  She's looking forward to finishing things here and heading home.  She's looking forward to seeing all the people who have loved her so well through this journey.

Our wonderful friend, Patty, comes tomorrow to help us wrap up everything in Austin and to help me get Graysen back home.

It's all good:)



P.S. Graysen is a check-lister too!








McSwaggy





Six Degrees





Happy Girl!





"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
Ephesians 3:20-21




No comments:

Post a Comment